- Action Center
- Advocacy Toolkit
- Advocacy 101
- What is the process for public funding for the arts?
- Arts Advocacy Case Statement
- Latest on MD Budget
- Talking Points
- Historical Arts Advocacy in Maryland
Talking Points - 2017 General Assembly Session
1. Thank legislators for their support of last year's record funding for the arts and for passing SB 277, which wrote into law a new funding formula for the arts.
2. Advocates will encourage legislators to:
A. Support the Governor's proposed budget for the arts; $21 million for FY 2018
3. Tell legislators that the State of Maryland receives more than a 3:1 return on its investment in the Arts (FY15 Arts Economic Impact Report, Maryland Department of Commerce). An investment in the Arts is an investment in the economic vitality of the state.
4. Let legislators know that the nonprofit arts sector in Maryland reaches every corner of the state. As a sector, we take seriously our responsibility to the citizens we serve, and we provide pathways to community engagement, education, and an enriched quality of life. Strengthening support for the arts means strengthening Maryland.