- Action Center
- Advocacy Toolkit
- Advocacy 101
- What is the process for public funding for the arts?
- Arts Advocacy Case Statement
- Latest on MD Budget
- Arts Advocate Talking Points
- Historical Arts Advocacy in Maryland
Talking Points – 2014 General Assembly Session
Please support Governor O’Malley’s proposed budget for the Arts in Maryland in FY 2015:
- General Fund Appropriation - at $16.2 million for the Maryland State Arts Council; and,
- Special Fund for the Preservation of Cultural Arts – at $2 million in FY15 and $500,000 in FY14 for supplemental grants to support organizational capacity building initiatives; helping to create stronger stewards of public support.
The ARTS SECTOR in Maryland:
- returns more than 300% on the state’s investment
- drives $1 billion in economic activity
- sustains over 12,000 jobs and hundreds of small businesses
- provides opportunities for employers to engage a creative workforce
- delivers world class arts programming in public schools
- supports veterans, seniors, families, youth, etc. through innovative initiatives geared toward health and wellness and building community.
Beyond a priceless work of art on a wall,
Beyond a classical masterpiece performed by an orchestra,
Beyond an award winning play produced on a stage,
… The Arts are a necessary and integral part of our everyday lives, lives made richer by strong and consistent public support.